Aeris Technologies Inc., a startup developing next-generation laser-based gas analyzers used for quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks, is seeking technicians for full-time positions at Aeris’s headquarters in Hayward, CA.
As an Optical and Instrument Technician at Aeris, you will be responsible for assembly and test of our state-of-the-art trace gas analyzers. We are seeking competent, motivated candidates that possess suitable skills, including familiarity with lasers and optical systems as well as excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and clear communication abilities. New Hires will also be responsible for build documentation and will be trained in associated assembly and test procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assembly and test of instruments and associated components including laser, optical, electrical, and mechanical sub-assemblies, as well as loading and testing software, firmware.
- Alignment of optical cores requiring precise laser collimation, multipass cell and detector alignment.
- Calibration and documentation of final product.
- Assist in revision of assembly procedure documents to streamline processes.
- Assist staff scientists in set-up, execution, and data capture for research and development experiments
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors, Associates degree or certificate in related technical fields (preferably engineering, science, instrumentation and/or optical technology) with at least two years of applicable experience in optical system alignment, integration and test.
- Ability to work safely with lasers and perform precise alignment of components.
- Ability to handle, inspect and clean sensitive optical components using industry-accepted methods
- Ability to handle sensitive electronic components, including use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other electronic test equipment.
- Practical experience with and basic knowledge of computers and test software.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision after initial training.
- US Work authorization documentation (citizenship, green card, work Visa, etc)
Desired Additional Skills:
- Excellent soldering, wiring and assembly skills.
- Ability to work safely with compressed gas tanks and related equipment.
- Familiarity with data acquisition hardware and software such as Labview.
- Familiarity with CAD viewer software for reviewing build documentation.
- Familiar and comfortable with safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by learning and being a proactive member of the team.
Aeris Technologies provides competitive salaries and benefits. This will be a full-time position.
Please send your application to email@example.com