Locate Natural Gas Leaks with Unmatched Sensitivity, Ease-of-Use, and Thermogenic vs. Biogenic Discrimination
Introducing the new MIRA Pico Mobile LDS, a high sensitivity natural gas leak detection system from Aeris Technologies, Inc. The Pico Mobile combines a breakthrough, real-time laser absorption spectrometer with built-in GPS capability to produce the world’s smallest, most powerful natural gas leak-mapping tool.
The Pico Mobile LDS operates in the mid-IR, achieving unparalleled, simultaneous methane and ethane sensitivity at the ppb per second level. Natural gas is thus unambiguously discriminated from other biogenic sources such as landfill gas, cattle operations, swamp gas, sewer gas, and permafrost. The Pico Mobile LDS provides a discrimination capability unique on the market at a fraction of the size and the price of other laser-based analyzer in its category, eliminating false alarms and enabling accurate ethane/methane ratio data in real-time. The Pico Mobile LDS systems provide accurate ethane/methane ratios at levels rivaling mass spectrometric methods, without requiring any sample handling or consumable columns.
The Pico Mobile LDS includes a GPS acquiring spatial coordinates every second. The instrument aggregates those coordinates to the rest of the measured parameters in a spreadsheet file. In addition, a colorized KML file is continuously updated and can be open directly in Google EarthTM to map the measurements with unprecedented ease. The Pico Mobile LDS can be operated at highway speed, enabling to survey natural gas infrastructure at a speed and efficiency never seen before.
Green = no significant methane ethane correlation
Red = significant methane ethane correlation thus natural gas is in the air!
- Typical precision of 1 ppb for CH4 and 0.5 ppb for C2H6 per second (better precision with averaging)
- Proprietary software displays unambiguously whether natural gas is detected as well as the C2H6/CH4 ratio
- Ultra-portable and no dedicated vehicle needed
- Install in minutes and ready to measure right after a press of the start button
- Under 3 kg (6 lbs) with batteries
- GPS enabled and KML data file continuously updated for mapping in Google EarthTM
- Anemometer available as an option to record wind direction and velocity in real time
- Full absorption spectrum always visible
- Ultra small 60 cc cell volume for instantaneous response and sharp signals when measuring transients
- Autonomous and continuous operation
- 1 Hz default reporting and data logging
- 15 W power consumption (standard conditions)
- On-board Li-ion batteries provide 6 hours of continuous use (standard conditions)
- High precision measurement of water vapor, reporting of methane and ethane in dry mole fraction without the need for drying or data corrections
- Linear response over a wide concentration range spanning multiple orders of magnitude (typically ppb to thousands of ppm)
- On-board data storage allowing for years of operation before removing oldest data
- User interface accessible from any WiFi-enabled device
- Data logged in spreadsheet format accessible over WiFi network or USB drive
- Compatible with IoT solutions such as Thinkspeak.com